Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, or on or associated with any of our social media other digital advertising pages (collectively, our “Sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any of our subsidiaries or affiliated companies;
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third parties working on our behalf (whether directly or indirectly).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organization asking for it.